Friends of Constantia Valley Greenbelts
As you may be aware, our Club has a proud history of assisting in the maintenance and opening of access, to Constantia Valley’s unique riverine habitat, for our own and public enjoyment .
Without public support De Hel’s connectivity to the Valley will remain neglected!
Please assist us in aiding this wonderful initiative.
The City of Cape Town has agreed a Conservation Management Plan which contains five phases as follows;
1) To promote De Hel as a public amenity with detailed entry point signage and pamphlets,
2) To undertake a follow up archeological investigation,
3) To provide & rehabilitate primary access routes for visitors and maintenance vehicles,
4) To remove all alien Meadow vegetation & cut a path/boardwalk down river to Gemini Way,
5) To erect on the Meadow an 8 poster info, centre listing all the De Hel assets.